Happy Birthday Singapore! Every year we celebrate our Nation’s birthday on 9th August and this year she turns 49.
I am a proud Singaporean to say that I have lived and grown up for the past 30 years in Singapore but in life we have choices to make and with all the different needs and challenges in the environment, it becomes a tough choice to just stay in Singapore.
Who doesn’t want to go out to see the world, to roam and travel and flourish and yet when it is time to come Home, Singapore will be the place. To roam around while young,wild and free may not take forever and nothing last forever. Everything changes over time, nothing stays the same but the love for our country is the same as the love for our family which will be the only constant.
Happy Birthday Singapore and to all the people of the nation, have a great celebration with her! Let’s recite the Singapore Pledge together:
- We, the citizens of Singapore,
- pledge ourselves as one united people,
- regardless of race, language or religion,
- to build a democratic society
- based on justice and equality
- so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
- progress for our nation.
- Kami, warganegara Singapura,
- sebagai rakyat yang bersatu padu,
- tidak kira apa bangsa, bahasa, atau agama,
- berikrar untuk membina suatu masyarakat yang berdemokratik,
- berdasarkan kepada keadilan dan persamaan
- untuk mencapai kebahagiaan,
- kemakmuran dan kemajuan bagi negara kami.