Don’t you just have that craving sometimes for something sweet and cakey yet you are lazy to go out. Like me, your fridge is also not full of cake or sweets leftovers which you can munch on. Here is a recipe for a simple dessert made out of our daily use ingredients which we will have at home.
The ingredients which I used are as follows:
Egg 4 medium to large ones
Sugar 3/4 cup
Vanilla Essence 1tsp
Dark Chocolate (optional)
How I did is simply idiot proof, I mean it does not take a lot for lazy ol’ me to whipped up a dish of sweet (*toothly grin)
As a disclaimer:
The measurements that I used here are catered to my taste and flavour. For desserts, I like mine to not be that sweet (I know, it defeat the purpose of a dessert but can you imagine all the harm that sugar and processed food are doing to our body? pardon me, I didn’t mean to scare you back there)
Here are the ways to make the bread pudding:
1) Layout the bread pieces into a pan which has been layered with butter ( I’d rather use butter than those non-stick spray cause its cheaper and I clearly know that it is butter I am using). I bought a loaf of cranberry nut bread from NTUC which has the sweet and nutty element and I tore them up to small pieces.
|I used a day old bread so that it will absorb much more liquid.
2) Now moving on, the wet ingredients come together: Eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla essence, salt
3) This step is up to your creativity and taste buds, what I had was cinnamon and dark chocolate. You can add nuts, raisins or other dried fruits if you like.
4) After putting all of them together, I let it sit aside for about 30mins while I pre-heat my oven at 180ºC. After that, I bake it in the oven for about 30-40 mins but every 20mins, I will check to ensure that the top do not get burnt.
5) To know if the bread pudding is ready or not, all the liquid in the pantry would have been dried up and the smell of the dish is awesome. To serve, you can whipped up some custard cream or vanilla sauce but in my case where I teach the easy way out, just serve with some melted vanilla ice-cream.
There you have it!
Have a go and when you have tweak to a flavour of your own, share with me here or you can get in touch with me on twitter/instagram!